When searching, you must enter:
- A Family Name and Search From Date or
- A Registration Number.
You can search for:
- Birth of a living person who was born 100 years ago or more
- Birth of a deceased person who died 50 years ago or more or who was born 80 years ago or more
- A stillbirth that occurred 50 years ago or more
To achieve the best results you should use a 'less is best' approach. If you receive too many results then narrow your date range.
Searching pre 1875 records:
- If you search a specific date and the date of event is not in the database, the entire year is searched for you.
- Registration numbers for individuals with the same name can be sequential as index books were scanned to create the records.
- For a very small number of records the search results will show names only. These records might also display search references for BDM e.g Book 60 please ignore those references.