When searching, you must enter:
- A Family Name and Search From Date or
- A Registration Number.
Some transcription errors were created in our database when the registers were scanned, we suggest you to use a 'less is best' approach when searching.
If you receive too many results, narrow your date range.
The registration number is unique to a registration within each life event type and is different to the folio number you may be familiar with on microfiche indexes available in libraries etc. For more tips on how to search, go to
Searching pre 1875 records:
- If you search a specific date and the date of event is not in the database, the entire year is searched for you.
- Registration numbers for individuals with the same name can be sequential as index books were scanned to create the records.
You can search for:
- Births that occurred at least 100 years ago.
- Stillbirths if registered at least 50 years ago.
- Marriages that occurred 80 years ago.
- Deaths that occurred at least 50 years ago or the deceased's date of birth was at least 80 years ago.